Another Futurama post! Getting these up while I can watch the newer episodes, it feels good to do something as it’s happening. Just watched some South Park and adverts for this episode, looks like it’s going to be a Lrrr episode. I’m enjoying this already! Let’s get into it! Spoilers ahoy!
- The Finder Outer would be an incredible show. Yes.
- Lrrr’s a deceptively deep character, as shown by the episode with Bigfoot and the human horn. I like Lrrr a lot.
- Gary, Indiana. I don’t know if there is a real joke there, or if they just picked on a random city, but that made me laugh.
- Hermes the stoner is always good for a laugh. His lack of knowledge on the ship was good too.
Hermes: “I’ll go with…erm…”
Zoidberg: “Screwed again, my friend!”
- This, and the previous episode have shown me one thing. While the show is still one of the strongest cartoons, particularly for adults, it’s not the same as it used to be. It’s not a bad thing, it’s just different. I’m not complaining, it’s just something I’ve noticed.
- Jrrr finding Fry in the E.T.-esque manner was familiar, I just realised I saw an episode of American Dad with something similar happening with Roger yesterday or the day before.
- Fry and Jrrr impersonating Lrrr. That was great.
- Bender going One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest on the bed was cool, but the best moment of that scene was messing with the answering machine. That was well done, I enjoyed that.
- I don’t think I’ve ever watched all of E.T., but the references are working for me here.
- Jrrr seems likeable, which is unlikely for a child in Futurama. Most of them are less than enjoyable.
Fry: “Hi, Mr. Lrrr”
- The above quote got a genuine laugh from me. I just didn’t expect it, still smiling thinking about it.
- It’s the break at the moment. Imagine if they threw a complete curveball and just killed Fry off. I don’t want it to happen, and I’m sure it won’t, but y’know, would be very unexpected!
- Also, what happened to the Robot Devil? I miss him, The Devil’s Hands Are Idle Playthings is one of the best episodes of the show. I wouldn’t have complained if that was the last episode, but I’m glad they came back for a few more seasons. Not sure if they’ll be able to top that in this coming series finale though.
- Shame I won’t be able to see the octopi/octopuses episode next week!
- Lrrr continues to kill it. One of the best characters, particularly in this series. “He’s escaping on a bicycle powered by love…WHICH IS AN ORDINARY THING ON THIS PLANET!”
- Drrr, the doctor. Hahaha, there can’t be that many different names on Omicron Persei 8.
- “This lame cape” “It’s not lame, it’s lamé!” – Line of the episode.
- Lrrr shows his sensitive side again. So does Bender, surprisingly!
- The E.T. finger-touching scene is reenacted using the…backsides of Lrrr and Fry. Cool. I’m not sure how to wrap this bullet-point up.
- Leela made out with Bender thinking it was Fry. Awww!
I really enjoyed this episode. It was something different, and it paid off. This is a good season, and looks to be a fitting conclusion to one of the defining programmes of my childhood. Hope the rest of it is as good as this week’s episode!