Well, here it is. I’m gutted that I missed the opportunity to seea living legend this evening, so I’m hoping my Spurs can go on to take the championship to make up for it. I’ve put it on as it started, let’s get into it! Unless something big happens, I’ll just give updates each quarter. Check out my Game 6 recap too, if you like. Cool. Let’s go.
- Heat chants are deafening early on. A minute in and no score, this is going to be tight, I can feel it.
- Erik Spoelstra really reminds me of someone. I know I said each quarter, I just can’t help myself.
- Duncan on a fast break, that was a thing of beauty! Calling it a “slow break” was a low blow though!
- Leonard is quickly becoming one of my favourite players. He always seems so smooth. Spurs up 11-4 with 7:06 to go in the first.
- LeBron has got his headband back. Hope this keeps his play limited, as he kicked up when that went in the Game 6. As you likely know by now.
- Nice block by Bosh. Can’t fault that. Duncan returns the favour shortly after.
- Pop did not look happy with Manu. Haven’t seen a backcourt violation in a while. When he hit that three, I thought the Game 5 Manu was back. I hope he is.
- I feel this one going to OT. I just can’t see a huge separation forming. Just a feeling, we’ll see if I’m right.
- My man Kawhi Leonard on six rebounds in the first. He’s on it.
First quarter over, a benched Parker and Duncan didn’t do the Spurs any favours, as Heat took the lead, ending the quarter up by two at 18-16.
- I liked the jazzy instrumental “I Like The Way You Move” before the beginning of the second.
- Pop telling it like it is, as always.
- Battier hitting these threes is worrying me a little.
- Splitter using that height, easy dunk there, like putting a tin of beans in a cupboard. I hope that catches on. Haha.
- Bill Russell, 10-0 in Game 7s? That’s too nice.
- Now Heat on the offensive rebounds. This is so tight.
- Parker is still so smooth. I think I like basketball because of how smooth the game is as a whole. No grass and mud getting kicked up, it’s all shiny and clean.
- Gregg calls for time with both games even at 27.
- If Heat are losing at the end of the third, I see LeBron “accidentally” losing his headband after the last game.
- Duncan > James. I’m not fronting on that. Obviously they’re two of the best, they wouldn’t be here, I just prefer Duncan. Probably because I’m biased. What can I say?
- Man, that was a mad bundle! Leonard’s rebound game is so tight!
- Commentary banter here, is this the WWE?
- Leonard on 10 rebounds already. This man looks like a veteran already. He’s the one to build the team around in the future. Spurs tie it up at 40 a piece at 1:25.
- Heat up 46-44 at the half.
- The Sprint Halftime Report is entertaining, I’m enjoying this. Maybe this should have been under the second quarter subheading. Ahh well. While I’m on a tangent, this advert is incredible.
- Back to the game. Kahwi! Again! 11. He’s the man.
- Green with some sweet moves, but that turnover wasn’t great. Nightmare.
- Uneventful quarter here. LeBron’s threes are on point, as is Kahwi, still! Excessive exclamation marks whenever he’s mentioned it seems.
- Diaw with the three. Didn’t see that one coming! Oh yeah, that whole “end of the quarter thing”…definitely off.
- That three by Chalmers, maaaan! Heat up by one going into the final quarter.
- Everyone going in now, this is at a crazy quick pace.
- Leonard watch: 13 rebounds. I’ll keep you posted, don’t worry.
- Come on Ginobli, you’re better than this. He is, big look on the three.
- This is too much for me. The Big Fundamental’s frees are on point today.
- Leonard: 16 rebounds. Beautiful three too.
- Heat up two. 39 to go. This is killing me. Go Spurs go. Please go.
- Ginobli…maaaaaan. 16.3, looks like Heat have got this one. Duncan looks crushed.
Well, that was crazy. Big up the Heat, they got it. Tense as you like, could have went either way, didn’t go my way, but you can’t win them all. Pop showing some sportsmanship, but hey, Spurs can get it next year. We’ve still got this. Congratulations to Miami, back to back champions.
Bonus round! Just a couple of post-game thoughts for you.
- Spurs press conference – someone asks if it’s the last time this group will play together, TP – “I can’t believe you’re asking this question.” Come on — these guys have got another championship in them before they’re ready to retire! Look how close they came this season, 2013/14- year of the Spurs.
- Got time for all the respect shown by Miami when they were chatting after the game (on TV – I’ve moved to the internet for the press conference.)
- How can they be asking them all if they’re retiring? They’re still playing at the highest level, why would it be time to go? Don’t worry Tim, you’re still the man!
- The respect all around is great to see. It’s why I can’t be mad at Heat, they did it. Big up everyone though, great series. While I’m here, completely unrelated, but R.I.P. James Gandolfini. I haven’t got anywhere else to put that coming up, aside from a potential Sopranos review sometime in the next few weeks. So yeah, just wanted to pay my respects to the man here. Other than that, I’m looking forward to next year’s NBA season. Until then.